Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Celebrate Your Own Successes !!!

What a great day!

 

 


I hope you have enjoyed my sharing all the emotions that it takes to grow, learn and paint.  When I named this blog I knew it was important to share many things that most artists might hesitate to put into words. 
The thrill of being an artist is that this excitement never goes away.  Every new painting is an unknown... an opportunity to succeed or fail.

So how am I celebrating the completion of a painting that has been "in the works" for almost 6 months?  You make apple butter!  Our home smells wonderful with all the spices and apples simmering on the stove. 




I am pleased with some new things I have accomplished in this work.  I wanted to give the viewer a wonderful hidden place under a grand old oak along the Pascagoula River where they could watch the shrimp boats come and go, the Pelicans play along the shores and moments of personal time nourish the spirit.

I invite you to share my blog with others who enjoy art or want to learn to paint.  It is my goal to share things I have learned over my lifetime of being an artist.  

If you would like to take a class in oils with me, I have just scheduled one that will be held on 2 Saturdays in August of 2013 in my little home community called Crane Hill.  

Check my web site for more details.  I will be teaching a wonderful still life composition that offers us so many different techniques... especially detail work that makes things pop off the canvas  filled with life, light and texture.

I better go.  It is time to put the apple butter in the jars and finish washing my brushes.  I thought that if I washed my brushes it would force me to take a three day break from the studio so they can dry.  

Celebrate Life
Make something happen!

 Donna Peters

 


All images and text on this blog are the property of Donna Peters
©2013 Donna Peters All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment