Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Great Day To Paint!

We are off to a super start as we all dug in at Hobby Lobby to paint together.  It takes courage to gather your art supplies and go to a new space to paint something you have never seen before. 

As on of the girls said yesterday, it is all about the learning and less to do about the final results. 
True Indeed!  The painting we each will come away with this next Saturday when we finish up will just be a reminder of all that we learned in this workshop. 

Getting Started
Lewis got the camera set up on my palette.  This is a new thing he added to our classes so everyone can see what is happening without standing up or leaving their own easel.  Love it!!


  
Moving around to see what is happening...

 
One small step at a time, we tacked out canvases.  This time we are painting on a black canvas.  It has been a new experience... easier in some way and always fun.

 Trying new things all thru life...  that is living to the fullest.

Don't forget to leave the space for the palette knife!!


As a teacher, I am so proud of this group.  They are each wonderful people.  Their enthusiasm is infectious. The laugh easily and are fun to be with. 

Don't let me scare you!!!!

  • Learning new materials
  • Learning new ways to use old materials
  • Changing our mind about old ideas
  •  and learning to laugh at ourselves...... priceless!
Talking it out and trying a different brush do the trick!

And this was just our first day!

At the end of our day at Hobby Lobby in Biloxi.  We promise to meet again next week to finish our paintings.  

If you have not taken one of my classes, I love to teach you things the "How To" books don't always share about our supplies and materials.  Knowing how to save money so you can buy the best brushes and paint is just as valuable as knowing how to mix your colours.  We make a great mix of everything so you leave with lots of information.

Organization eliminates Most of our frustration:

  
My homemade brush holder for oil brushes.



 After the class as we drove from the class we took a side road.  I found a pine tree that has so much character.  I plan to go back to paint it this week.  If this looks too plain to you, imagine it with the back bay, a beautiful sunset and maybe a water bird or 2....
Do you know where this is?

A dancing pine... one of my favorite things
 

What a great week!
Indeed there was so much prep work to do.  Miles to travel and worry is just something I add in to make sure I am awake and on my toes.  Giving my best to those who trust me with a day of their life is a real honor.  What I receive in return is a life filled with wonderful friends and rewards I could never list.
Lewis and I thank you for allowing us to be part of your life... especially the good parts!

A sign in the Shakespeare Bookstore, Paris

If you do not have good things planned for your life, 

Good things will just have to be accidents of chance.

 

donna peters

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment